December 8, 2010

Wish List Wednesday #76: Tim Lieder's "She Nailed a Stake Through His Head" (anthology)

Wish List Wednesday is a weekly meme I started in July '09, in which I put the spotlight on a book that is on my wish list--whether new release, blast from the past, or hidden gem.All December, I'm shining a light on anthologies.

Given the kind of horrors that can be found within the pages of the bible, I can only imagine how an anthology that offers reimaginings of biblical tales might up the ante.

Tim Lieber assembles a collection of short stories for She Nailed a Stake Through His Head: Tales of Biblical Terror, which includes contributions from the likes of Catherynne Valente, Gerri Leen, Lyda Morehouse, among others. When browsing Amazon for upcoming anthologies for this year, this one kind of jumped out at me. The cover is striking enough, and the subject matter is provocative enough that I'd be more than willing to look past the fact that I'm unfamiliar with the majority of contributing authors.

There's a couple of stories in particular I'd like to read, including one about Jonah and the whale with a Lovecraftian twist.

Have you heard about this anthology? Sound like something you'd want to read?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...