September 29, 2010

Wish List Wednesday #66: Lisa Mannetti's "51 Fiendish Ways to Leave Your Lover"

Wish List Wednesday is a weekly meme I started in July '09, in which I put the spotlight on a book that is on my wish list--whether new release, blast from the past, or hidden gem.

I loved, loved--LOVED--the debut novel The Gentling Box by Lisa Mannetti. And if you'd like to know why, then read my review of it here. That book came out in 2008 though, and for 2010 she has something completely different for readers. A humorous nonfiction collaboration with artist Glenn Chadbourne entitled 51 Fiendish Ways to Leave Your Lover.

If you've ever broken up with someone and secretly wished they wind up six feet under, and preferably under grizzly circumstances, then this book might be a little slice of catharsis for you. Not that I'm feeling particularly jilted, myself, but I do enjoy dark comedy. And when it comes with that "I know how you feel" kind of sentiment, then I'm all for it.

The only thing I'm wondering prior to reading it, however, is why Lisa didn't invent a 52nd fiendish method. Then she could sell decks of playing cards with Glenn's illustrations on each one. Think about it, Lisa. :) After all, Christmas is fast approaching and everyone needs stocking stuffers.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, that book is part of my blog award competition, which you entered. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. I've got my fingers crossed on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds great. May have to look into finding that for my own stocking this year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...