July 28, 2010

Meme, Myself, & I: Billy Loves Stu's 1st Meme for Horror Bloggers

Pax Ramano from Billy Loves Stu created his first meme--and, boy, is it a doozy. As a way for the ceaseless, and arguably superfluous, number of horror bloggers to get to know each other a little better, and see where we're all coming from, we now have a blog that looks to be one helluva FAQ. You can find the original BLS edition by clicking here. And if you want to read mine, then just keep scrolling down.

1: In Ten Words or Less, Describe Your Blog:

A: A den for dark fiction, whether books, film, or mine.

2: During What Cinematic Era Where you Born?

A: The Exorcism Era (Early to mid 70's) Though, I wouldn't go near a horror movie voluntarily until The Self Referential/Post Modern Era (1990 to 1999).

3: The Carrie Compatibility Question: Sue Snell or Chris Hargensen, who would you take to the prom?

A: I went stag to my prom, so I'd be happy to switch it up by going with either of them. Maybe Chris as a top pick, though.

4: You have been given an ungodly amount of money, and total control of a major motion picture studio - what would your dream Horror project be?

A: If we're talking books-into-films here, then I would probably look to bring Clive Barker's The Great and Secret Show to the big screen. I'm not sure who the right director would be, but the first name that pops into my head is Guillermo Del Toro. As for marquee actors, I don't have any real preference there, so long as they are talented actors. Megan Fox need not apply. As a backup project, I saw some footage of a video-game called Dead Space that looked incredible. Wouldn't mind seeing a film adaptation of that, either.

5: What horror film "franchise" that others have embraced, left you cold?

A: I have never cared for the "Friday the 13th" franchise. Aside from the first movie--a passable piece of slasher fun--the franchise has been nothing but garbage, in my opinion. People got antsy in the pantsy to go see the remake/reboot a couple of years ago, and look what they got: one more Hollywood retread. Jason Vorhees wore out as a character and as a villain a long time ago.

6: Is Michael Bay the Antichrist?

A: I say no, but I am an atheist after all. And even if I was still a Christian, there are more insidious and fearsome elements in the world than Michael Bay and his on-screen excrement. You betcha. His movies lately have been utter shite, though.

7: Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Frankenstein Monster - which one of these classic villains scares you, and why?

A: Frankenstein's monster is my favorite, but as for which one scares me: Dracula. In a confrontation, there's at least a chance to outwit the Wolf Man or the Frankenstein Monster, but Dracula is a guileful demon that could give Satan a good go.

8: Tell me about a scene from a NON HORROR Film that scares the crap out of you:

A: I can't think of any that have genuinely scared me, or even startled me, but the scene in Saving Private Ryan where the doctor has his intestines blown out and he dies a slow, excruciating death--that unsettled me like few non horror films ever have.

9: Baby Jane Hudson invites you over to her house for lunch. What do you bring?

A: Back up.

10: So, between you and me, do you have any ulterior motives for blogging? Come, on you can tell me, it will be our little secret, I won't tell a soul.

A: I first started my blog as simply an online writing journal and haphazard repository for whatever was on my mind. Within a few months though, it morphed into a blog about books because I found writing about myself a bit tiresome and smug. Then I wrote about dark fiction books, since that's where my passion lies. And finally, a blog dedicated to dark fiction in als its forms. Oh, and it still acts occasionally as my writing journal when I've got something I feel is worth blogging about in my own writing life.

11: What would you have brought to Rosemary Woodhouse's baby shower?

A: Baby formula, because breastfeeding would be lethal. And maybe some contact lenses for later on, 'cause folks are going to stare when they see those crazy demon eyes.

12: Godzilla vs The Cloverfield Monster, who wins?

A: Godzilla. For other reason than I hated Cloverfield. I shouldn't take it out on the whole movie or even the monster. It was that a-hole with the video camera I despised.

13: If you found out that Rob Zombie was reading your blog, what would you post in hopes that he read it?

A: I would try to make the case for him to switch from making horror movies to making romantic comedies. He can feel free to keep casting his wife in the films, as I won't be watching them.

14: What is your favorite NON HORROR FILM, and why?

A: Honorable mention goes to The Big Lebowski, but one of my all-time favorites is still The Wizard of Oz. I will never--never ever--get tired to watching that movie. It is quite literally the only musical I can sit through without feeling a compulsion to stab my eardrums with a screwdriver and gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon. And who doesn't love the Cowardly Lion? Communists, that's who.

15: If blogging technology did not exist, what would you be doing?

A: Pissing and moaning via smoke signals.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful answers! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a movie of The Great and Secret Show? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for starting it up, Pax.

    Will, if it was to be done right, that movie adaptation would absolutely be brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...