April 28, 2010

Wish List Wednesday #44: I Drink for a Reason


If you are unfamiliar with David Cross, you're really missing out on something. The man is funny as heck. You probably are familiar with him and just don't know it. He played Dr. Tobias Funke on "Arrested Development," has been doing stand-up for years and doing it well, has appeared in more movies than I can count--some better left not tallied. And now he's written a book.

I Drink for a Reason sounds like it's a print version of his rants on his usual targets, like politics, religion, and celebrities. And I love his rants. The only way they could be better is if they came with marshmallows and a prize in the box. Facetiousness aside, the man knows funny and if he's taken the time to write a book or hire a competent ghost writer then I'd be more than willing to give the book a read.

I've read books by Stephen Colbert, Dennis Miller, Bill Maher, Drew Carey, George Carlin, and Jeff Foxworthy--I'll refrain from citing which books were funny and which were feeble. I'm willing to bet that Cross can't do any worse than the worst. Get 'r done.

How about you? Any interest in books by comedians and comics? Had a chance to read this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...