February 10, 2010

Wish List Wednesday #33: Horns

Some books just strike you as so unique when you first hear about them that you can't help but place them on your wish list, if you don't rush out and by them immediately. Joe Hill has written one such novel, titled Horns.

Ignatius Perrish is a man born into a world of privilege with a musician for a father and TV star for a brother. He even had the girl of his dreams until the day she was raped and murdered. Then, he became the prime suspect, and despite no formal charges became a pariah among his community. Cast out from his luxurious life, he descends into drunkenness and debauchery. A pretty hard life. The cherry on top, however, may be the fact that he wakes up one morning with a pair of horns growing from his temples. Yes, you read that right. Horns with a supernatural entanglement that inspire him to hunt down the one who raped and murdered the love of his life.

That, my friends, sounds like the right combination of the weird and the wonderful to get me interested.

As part of my winter reading list, I read his debut novel, Heart-Shaped Box, and that gave me a hankering for more of his work. Horns sounds like the kind of novel I might enjoy a fair amount.

Anyone else heard of this novel? Have you put it on your wish list, or have you already read it? What did you think of it?

3 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

I was originally going to preorder the special PS Publishing edition of Horns, until I discovered it was something like £60. I've ordered the ordinary hardback from Amazon and I can't wait to read it.

Ryan G said...

Sounds like a book I would love to read. Thanks for the mention

Rabid Fox said...

Sixty pounds? Yikes. In Canadian coin, that's ... well, it's a lot. When a conventionally priced copy shows up in my neck of the woods, then I'll bite.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...