Only a few days into February, I received a big ol' bog full of books from Brande over at Book Junkie. I won thirty-five books through her birthday giveaway at the start of the year. The contributing authors have since e-mailed me copies of the e-books I won, which I mentioned in the last Chasing Tale post. Last week, I received the fourteen titles from Brande's own collection. That only leaves the ten titles she ordered for me through Amazon. I've got more books than I know what to do with.
Here's what came in the mail last week:
- Bound to Shadows by Keri Arthur
- Shivers by Melinda Barron, Destiny Blaine, Catherine Chernov, & Annmarie Ortega
- Unlawful Contact by Pamela Claire
- Deep Kiss of Winter by Kressley Cole & Gena Showalter
- It Happened One Night by Lisa Dale
- Love at First Flight by Marie Force
- The Untamed Bride by Stephanie Laurens
- Knight of Pleasure by Margaret Mallory
- Sins of the Flesh by Caridad Pineiro
- Kissing Games of the World by Sandi Khan Shelton
- The Darkest Whisper by Gena Showalter
- Take Me by Shelli Stevens
- A Highlander's Temptation by Sue-Ellen Welfonder
- 9 Dragons by Michael Connolly
That last one isn't a romance, but a detective mystery novel. Talk about a black sheep among the herd. Plus, I received a trilogy of romance titles from one of the contributing authors to Brande's contest.
- Discovery in Passion, Escape in Passion, Mercy in Passion by Shiela Stewart
That's a lot of bodice-ripping ribaldry. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. But, hey, ya gotta try new things. My 2010 resolution was to read from an even greater variety of novels, and as far as romance novels are concerned I'm set. I'm sure friends and family of the female persuasion will be borrowing those titles when they find out I have them.
So, my bookshelf is now stalked with romance, westerns, science-fiction, young adult, horror, mystery, and fantasy. What genres am I missing?