October 22, 2009

Embracing the Halloween Spirit


Ah, Photoshop, you do come in handy now and again.

I thought I'd try to whip up a quick Halloween-themed banner for this week, since it's almost time to trick and/or treat. I'm no graphic designed, but it'll do in a pinch.

Also, in continuing with the Halloween-a-go-go that will be overrunning the blogosphere next week, I'm adding my bit by scheduling a scary book review from Monday through to Allhallows Eve.

Monday - October Dreams: A Celebration of Halloween (anthology)
Tuesday - Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin
Wednesday - Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Thursday - Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Friday - Psycho by Robert Bloch
Saturday - a DVD review of Bubba Ho-Tep, starring Bruce Campbell

And provided I can finish a couple more novels before the big day, I may be posting Halloween reviews for Stephen King's The Shining--as part of the read-along with Bella and Stella--and Ouroboros, a collaborative work by Michael Kelly and Carol Weekes that's being released by Arcane Wisdom (an imprint of Bloodletting Books) ... and my first e-book read.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. I generally don't read scary books (because I get freaked out easily) but I have a couple of thrillers I could read to get my blood pumping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have a great week planned! I'm starting The Shining Sunday or Monday as I think I will only try and read in the day time (yes I scare THAT easily)!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...