September 11, 2009

A Couple of Book Contest Links for You

Maybe it's because the summer is dying down, or maybe it's because I have a glut of books already on my to-be-read bookshelf, but I haven't entered very many book contests this month. The number of titles catching my eye is fewer than when I started throwing my name in all those hats over the summer. A temporary situation I'm sure, as there are always new releases coming down the pipe. For now, here are a couple of contests I've entered, and to gain a couple of extra entries I'm posting about them here.

First, head over J. Kaye's Book Blog for a chance to win Robert Liparulo's novel, Deadlock. The contest is open to Canucks and Yanks alike, and ends on September 26th. The story sounds kind of cool, with a father looking to get a little justice for his son by going against a military industrialist and his henchmen. Neat.

A new blog for me, Socrates' Book Reviews, has a giveaway going on for a quirky and very cute book called Simon's Cat by Simon Tofield. I guess the guy has a slew of animated shorts on YouTube about his cat, which got this whole book thing rolling in the first place. All I had to do was watch the one highlighted on this blog and I was hooked. I don't know what the cat's name is yet, but I like him better than Garfield already. The contest ends September 25th, just for the Canucks and Yanks again.

Fantasy Book Critic has a contest going on right now with three copies of Clockwork Phoenix 2, a collection of fantasy short stories edited by Mike Allen, up for grabs. The contest ends on September 16th. FBC even has one of the short stories posted to wet your appetite, which can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...